Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Metal Haven

I almost forgot how awesome Beery's is on Friday's and Satuday's. If you don't know, Mr Beery's (Bethpage NY) has live music every Friday and Saturday night, bringing a nice mix of metal, hardcore, jazz and soft rock. There's always something for everyone there.

This past weekend I went to check out the scene over there, and it was quite alive. The lineup of bands was Black Dawn, Single Spade, Soma, and Turrigenous. All the sets were great, rock was flowing out the doors all night.

The band that really blew me away was Turrigenous. I've been meaning to catch a show of theirs for a while, and when I saw they were playing at Beery's I knew I had to be there. If you've ever listened to Turrigenous, you know how intense their sound is. They bring that intesity fully to the stage. I've never seen a band more technically awesome than these guys. One word to discribe this metal would be....epic. Check them out, they make New York and LI proud!

So I'll be back again to Beery's really soon, I hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment