Wednesday, June 10, 2009

NJ Brings the Fire

I was collaborating with Jordan Stargot of Blind Hero and Nifty Breed, when he brought a band to my attention. It was Dillinger Escape Plan. From watching Youtube videos about them anyone can see that their stage presentation and following is more than awesome.

The lineup was Her Chance To Dream, Heart of a Lion, Stray from the Path, Knife the Glitter, The Number 12 Looks Like You, and the Dillinger Escape Plan. I missed the first set with Her Chance to Dream, but the had demo cds! I popped it into my car's cd player and I really liked what I heard. These kids have a really good idea of how to play epic tracks. There's this one track called Killer Klowns that has a very eerie break down, and it really threw me back.

The other bands were pretty tight, but only Knife the Glitter and Dillinger stood out to me. Knife the Glitter is a three piece instrumental band, that is the weirdest band ever. It is important to have a stage presence, these guys just made it really weird. The bassist would constantly be on his tippy toes running around in a little circle, shaking his head more and more violently as the songs went on, throwing his hair out of it's little bun, getting very messy...all this every song.

His facial expressions were so weird too... check them out. The recorded stuff I think is better than live. I can't really say their music won me over, but I will never forget these guys.

Dillinger. Wow. After taking 30 minutes, if not more, to set up their set, Dillinger came out hard. I've seen youtube videos of the lead singer Greg Puciato walking out on the tops of people's heads within ten seconds of the show starting (Watch Video for this performance). It was great though. You could hear everything, they looked and sounded so professional. People were getting very riled up during their set, at least one fight had to be broken up by the bouncers, which usually means one person thought the other was getting too crazy. Hey folks, it's a hardcore metal show. You get run into and the such.

So I am super happy I got the chance to see such a legendary band such as Dillinger. I wish i had the chance to interview them, maybe one day soon UW will be be presented with such a chance.

Till next show!

No comments:

Post a Comment