Friday, January 9, 2009

Having an event?


I didn't get to go out tonight, so I instead of the band thing, here's an idea.

I had a friend who worked in WHPC with me and her son had a bar mitzvah, the Jewish ritual of becoming a man at the age of 13, and instead of a dj, she hired a band. The band she hired was Ten Thousand Dollar Ego, and everyone had a lot of fun.

So the idea is to either get in touch with the band, either by looking for an email form their myspace or personal .com's, there should be contact info. You can check out the bands I've been listing, or feel free to surf around their myspace friends and see what's in store, you never know and that's the beauty of unchartedwaves.

At the bar mitzvah they had everything themed rock and roll; from hair dressers to tattoos, they had it all. It looked like a lot of fun, I wish I could have gone there to party myself.

So it's a good alternative to DJs with you want something different. I see a lot of parties because of my lighting job, and the music is always the same. So there you go, have a blast, o play some guitar hero and try to feel like one of these guys.

But when they do a cover, it really f*cking rocks.

Check out these guys. I think they'd be fun for an event.

Peace yo

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the kind words - however, the website has changed. It is now www.myspace.com/tenkego

    And we're always available for more parties!

    ReplyDelete