Monday, January 5, 2009

1/2 @ Beery's

Happy New Years! It's finally 2009, get your sh*t straight cause we only got three years left. So go to as many shows as you possibly can before there is no more music.

Anyway, this past Friday was a nice show, with only two bands playing at Beery's. And I'd really expect nothing less from the bands end. A lot of guys are out touring the north and other places right now, so the guys at home want to get the local shows. And their fans from around home come out too.

The first band up was BlueRace, a band with a more mature sound to their rock, with a flavor of solid originality. The set list was long, and the crowd seemed to eat up every minute of it, even cheering for an encore. It's refreshing to hear a band play with such distinction between all of the musicians. I really loved the guitar solos and they way the bass rocked out. At the end of the show the did a cover of Jimi Hendrix's "Manic Depression", and Thom Gencarelli really hit the spot with the vocals. Not to mention the amazing guitar skills of Mr Roger Diller. He was really on it with his steady riffs and solid solos.

I've also recently learned from my good friend that beer is always a good choice of drink if you are not sure what to get, and right she was! Tom, the bartender, is the guy that bands talk to to get booked at Beery's, be sure to say hey, and if you are a person of musical talent he is the man to talk to, so get to it dude/dudette.

So after BlueRace was Conflict In The Sky, a three piece alternative....rock....indie band? I don't know exactly how to discribe them, but I've met the lead singer on one occasion after they played a show and he told me that they really put on a show. Well I'm glad I went to see this show cause he wasn't lying. The riffs and tunes give you chills down yor spine. I really enjoy listening to music like this, it makes me feel like I'm in a race and and I keep running to the beats. The bass takes a powerful stance in this trio, as well as really getting into playing his guitar.

It was a small after new years party bash, and it was a blast. Everyone at the show really enjoyed themselves, and a lot of that is due to the great music playing at the place. Thanks for coming out guys! Hope to see you again, and I hope you to see you guys at the bars. Check the calendar (bottom of page) for updates on different concerts at different places.

Pictures here and payce.

etan w

No comments:

Post a Comment